Virginia Creditors’ Rights Attorneys
Virginia lawyers help you recover from debtors
HarrisLoftus represents clients in various types of creditors’ issues, including landlord and tenant, retail, bank. credit union, finance companies, and commercial collections. Businesses throughout Virginia also look to us for guidance and assistance when a debtor files for bankruptcy. When stakes are high, a creditor is urged to seek competent legal counsel. A creditor does not have to simply absorb loss without first seeking the opportunity to mitigate and minimize that loss arising from a breach of contract, fraud, or debtors acting in bad faith to avoid paying a debt.
We also represent commercial and retail clients in the following:
- Commercial collections – collection of commercial debt, secured and unsecured, for small and large businesses, contractors, subcontractors, banks, lenders, commercial landlords and equipment lessors.
- Retail collections – collection of consumer debt, secured and unsecured, for banks, savings and loans, credit unions and other lenders.
- Construction collections – filing and enforcement of mechanic’s lien claims, and labor and material payment bond claims.
- Replevins – repossession and recovery of collateral from defaulting debtors for lessors and other secured creditors.
- Litigation – prosecution of debt collection civil actions in state and federal courts and before alternative dispute resolution forums (arbitration, mediation), and defense against debtor counterclaims.
Contact experienced attorneys today
Call HarrisLoftus at 703-361-5131 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our office.