Virginia Debt Collection Attorneys
Experienced attorneys handling collection cases
HarrisLoftus is trusted by clients across Commonwealth of Virginia to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. We provide our clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal court. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, credit unions, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
Virginia attorneys committed to providing results
We can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, HarrisLoftus makes sure you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — Our attorneys will send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule. This demand letter will strictly comply with all state and federal debt collection laws.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we will seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, our attorneys move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys vigorously assert your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives our attorneys the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition and testify about the finances.
- Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call HarrisLoftus in Virginia today at 703-361-5131 or contact us online to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe.